I never said Jr didnt care or forgot how to drive

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TEC Message Board ]

Posted by 3and8fan4ever View User's Profile on September 26, 2013 at 12:24:46:

In Reply to: Re: Exactly posted by SundayMoney on September 26, 2013 at 10:13:19:

He IS in the BEST equipment money can possibly buy and has a great team (99% of the time) and a great crew chief though. You cant deny that they have it all clicking. Anything else is nothing more than excuses IMO. He still cant scratch out a win but every 3 or 4 years though and if he cant get it done at HMS he cant get it done anywhere.

Lets face it man. His best days are over with IMHO. He had a real legit shot in 2004 to be a Champion. Unfortunately, saying shit in Victory Lane, having a wreck in Atlanta because of a rookie and a few other misfortunes kept him from the Cup. I believe thats as close as we will ever see him get to a Cup.

Im a fan for life and once hes done I will be done. Im just not gonna fool myself into thinking he is a top tier driver.

He is a "good driver" and one that will likely make the Chase the rest of his career. I wont fool myself into thinking he will be a top contender in said Chase though. I will also be damn surprised to ever see multiple win seasons from Jr.

Jeff Gordon has 6 wins to Jrs 2 since Jr came onboard HMS. His slump hasnt been NEAR as long. Neither has Kenseths. They are both top tier Championship drivers though.

Follow Ups:

Name
Password
Subject
Icons
Index
Link URL
Link Title
Image URL

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TEC Message Board ]